BSST with be manning a table at Neponset Chamber Valley of Commerce Mega Business Expo event at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday November 14, 2013 from 3pm to 7PM. Come to this FREE event to see who your neighbors are, and what your local businesses can do for you!
So like David Letterman: Top TEN reasons to attend a Chamber Event
- Research – If you are working on a project and need to do some research, why not consider asking the commerce community.
- Looking for work? Find out if the person who is hiring, or prominent people from the company that you want to do business with, are in your extended network and ask for a connection from the person you have in common.
- Share an Update – Use updates wisely. You can use them to inform your networks of what you do, or what you are looking to do.
- Company Profiles – Businesses have profiles too. Build your organization’s presence. This will allow interested parties to learn more about you and give you valuable referrals.
- Save Time and Maintain Relationships – In the old days people had a rolodex and had to lift a phone on a regular basis in order to keep in touch with their connections, and only managed to keep in touch with the main ones because it took so much time. These days you can events like the chamber allow you to stay at the forefront of people’s minds.
- Build Your Network – Not only is it important to keep in touch with people but it is also important in business to connect with new people.
- Reach the Powers that Be – Networks used most by top level executives so it can be a really valuable tool in connecting you with decision makers. This is especially powerful for strategic selling.
- Hiring – People can use chamber events for recruitment and for finding jobs and, given the professional nature of the tool, it can help you find just the right person for the job.
- Advertise – You can advertise to specific people by company, geography, title, gender and age.
For more information visit the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce blog: