Click on the link below to take the Domestic Refrigeration Student Critique Survey:
Bay State will be open and classes will be held tonight, Tuesday, March 19th, 2013.
Please be advised that Day Classes at Bay State School of Technology are cancelled Tuesday, March 19, 2013, because of the timing of the predicted snow storm. Day Classes will resume as normal on Wednesday, March 20, 2013.
One of the best of this year’s TV reality series is the new one on TNT – Boston’s Finest. Following a group of Boston Police officers as they do their difficult work on Boston’s streets, it’s a gritty and very real portrayal of the best of Boston’s police force. Produced by Donnie Wahlberg, the series has gotten rave reviews from the press. Bay State School of Technology is proud to sponsor Boston’s Finest on Comcast Cable in the Boston area. The show runs on Wednesday nights at 9:00 p.m. on TNT. Don’t miss it.
Here’s a link to the series’ website: http://www.tntdrama.com/series/bostons-finest/
Want to get a feel for what a Bay State School of Technology program feels like? We invite you to sit in on a live class. We think you’ll enjoy it and see that going back to school is not as scary as you thought.
You’ll be able to meet and talk to real students and instructors and get the answers to any questions you might have. While you’re here, you’ll be able to meet with Student Services personnel to see how we can assist you with lifetime placement benefits so you can find you that perfect job in your new career. You can also meet with our Financial Aid professionals to help you determine what you might be eligible for in Financial Aid.
Call the Admissions Office today at 781-828-3434 to get started!
Bay State School of Technology
Back in October, the PBS show Ask This Old House filmed a segment at Bay State School of Technology. Ask This Old House host Kevin O’Connor and Production personnel, along with Major Appliance Repair expert Richie Isaacson, took over the Major Appliance shop for filming a segment on Major Appliance Maintenance. That episode, Maintaining Kitchen Appliances, will be aired over the next few weeks on PBS stations around the country. Locally you can see it on
WGBX, Boston, January 25, 2013 at 1:00 A.M.
WSBE, Providence January 26, 2013 at 4:00 p.m.
WGBX, Boston, January 29, 2013 at 12:30 a.m.
If you can’t catch it on broadcast day or on your DVR, you can watch it online starting on January 31, 2013 at:
Bay State will be at the upcoming Neponset Valley Chamber 2012 Mega Business EXPO at Gilette Stadium
BSST with be manning a table at Neponset Chamber Valley of Commerce Mega Business Expo event at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday November 14, 2013 from 3pm to 7PM. Come to this FREE event to see who your neighbors are, and what your local businesses can do for you!
So like David Letterman: Top TEN reasons to attend a Chamber Event
- Research – If you are working on a project and need to do some research, why not consider asking the commerce community.
- Looking for work? Find out if the person who is hiring, or prominent people from the company that you want to do business with, are in your extended network and ask for a connection from the person you have in common.
- Share an Update – Use updates wisely. You can use them to inform your networks of what you do, or what you are looking to do.
- Company Profiles – Businesses have profiles too. Build your organization’s presence. This will allow interested parties to learn more about you and give you valuable referrals.
- Save Time and Maintain Relationships – In the old days people had a rolodex and had to lift a phone on a regular basis in order to keep in touch with their connections, and only managed to keep in touch with the main ones because it took so much time. These days you can events like the chamber allow you to stay at the forefront of people’s minds.
- Build Your Network – Not only is it important to keep in touch with people but it is also important in business to connect with new people.
- Reach the Powers that Be – Networks used most by top level executives so it can be a really valuable tool in connecting you with decision makers. This is especially powerful for strategic selling.
- Hiring – People can use chamber events for recruitment and for finding jobs and, given the professional nature of the tool, it can help you find just the right person for the job.
- Advertise – You can advertise to specific people by company, geography, title, gender and age.
For more information visit the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce blog: