Do you ever wonder how some things work, and how things move? Do you like to “look inside” and see what’s in there? Do you like to work with your hands? Are you good at problem solving? If you said “yes” to any one of those questions, and you’re looking for a new career in under a year, then you owe it to yourself to visit Bay State School of Technology in Canton and check out our courses during our “Hands-On” Open House Days.
At the “Hands-On” Open House, you’ll get the opportunity to meet our instructors and talk to them about the courses they teach and their experience. They will also introduce you to some “hands-on” demonstrations we’ve arranged so you can get involved with the demos and see things for yourself.
In our Electronics Technician program, you’ll get a chance to see how to:
- Change out a hard drive
- Add memory to a computer
- Use photovoltaic cells to power your laptop
In the main Electronics Technician course, you’ll learn all about both analog and digital electronics, networks, computers and components, operating systems and much, much more.
When you meet our Major Appliance/Basic Electricity instructors, you’ll get a chance to:
- See a Jabob’s Ladder Spark Gap demonstration
- Work with a light board and create switches and circuits and
- Get down and dirty with a gas burner demonstration.
And that’s just the beginning. The main Major Appliance/Basic Electricity course will teach you the basics of electricity, switches, circuits, wiring diagrams and schematics, clothes washers, dryers, microwave ovens, dishwashers and more.
While you visit our Domestic Refrigeration shop you’ll be introduced to
- A working sealed system unit, with gauges attached
- How to boil water at room temperature
- A demonstration on Brazing
In the Domestic Refrigeration & Air Conditioning course you’ll learn about how refrigerants work, how to create sealed systems, brazing and soldering, and you’ll actually put together a working refrigerator yourself from component parts.
In our Commercial HVACR Shop, you’ll see:
- A refrigerant recovery demo
- A semi-hermetic refrigeration system
- A condensing unit with gauges attached.
Building on what you learned in Domestic Refrigeration, the Commercial HVACR Course will teach you all about the larger, commercial and rooftop units, chillers, refrigerant recovery, refrigeration code and electrical code, and more.
The best thing about signing up for our programs is that no prior experience is required. We’ve been successfully using the “hands-on” teaching approach for over 25 years. Our courses are designed to be 50% classroom instruction and 50% shop or lab work. And just as important, you can be on your way to a new career in less than a year.
Call Bay State School of Technology today at:
and ask for a brochure, and schedule a time to come to the school soon during our ”Hands-On” Open House. We encourage you to:
- Tour the school and visit the classrooms, shop and lab areas
- Visit during school hours and sit in on an actual class
- Talk to our Admissions Representatives about the different Program options
- Visit the Financial Aid office to answer any funding questions you might have
- Stop by the Student Services office to see how we work with students to produce effective resumes and assist with job placement
Special Open House Hours from April 3rd to April 14th:
Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
(Please note that in observance of Good Friday, Bay State Tech will be closed on April 6th.)
Bay State School of Technology is licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and is approved for Veteran’s Training by the Veteran’s Administration.
For more information on our courses, please visit our website at:
or call us at 888-828-3434 for more information today.
Bay State School of Technology
225 Turnpike Street (Route 138)
Canton, MA 02021-2358